Seniors experience fulfillment and a higher quality of life when communities are designed to care for the whole person. At Pennybyrn, our health and wellness program focuses on Seven Dimensions of Wellness to create whole person wellness. This model is used throughout our community. This means that seniors in independent living, assisted living, transitional rehabilitation, and skilled nursing all have access to care and programs designed to work together to address the eight dimensions of wellness. In fact, many seniors discover that one or more dimensions of wellness may be absent from the home environment and realize how our care model can address those needs.
The Seven Dimensions of Wellness
- Emotional – The ability to understand ourselves and cope with the challenges life can bring while still facing life with a positive and enthusiastic attitude, even in difficult times.
- Social – The ability to connect, interact, establish and maintain positive relationships with family and friends.
- Community – The ability to get personal fulfillment from reaching out to help others by providing support and sharing your abilities.
- Physical – The ability to maintain a healthy quality of life while taking care of your body to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and function through exercise, positive nutrition choices and regular physician visits.
- Intellectual – The ability to open your mind to new ideas and experiences. The desire to learn new concepts, improve skills, and seek challenges while sharpening your brain and stretching your creativity in pursuit of lifelong learning.
- Environmental – The ability to recognize our own responsibility for the quality of air, water, and the land that surrounds us, as well as feeling safe, secure, and comfortable in our surroundings. Using your knowledge of responsibility to make a positive impact in your home, community, and planet.
- Spiritual – The ability to establish peace and harmony in your life by enjoying a sense of well-being through purposeful activity that enriches your life and nourishes your soul.
Health and Wellness
Our health and wellness and exercise program offers residents the ability to work with a specially trained and certified wellness team to create a personal wellness profile. Each profile includes recommendations for achieving individual health goals. Our program also includes:
- Tiered fitness classes designed for varying levels of ability
- Healthy menu options for meals and snacks
- An option to create a personal wellness profile annually
Other health and wellness facilities and programs offered at Pennybyrn include:
- Indoor heated saltwater swimming pool and Jacuzzi spa
- On-site putting green
- Golf membership at Jamestown Park Golf Course
- Scenic walking trails
- Massage therapy
- Health clinic
- Home care services