The same innovative care that’s made Pennybyrn the region’s trusted leader in senior living solutions helps Pennybyrn offer the best in responsive and compassionate memory support.
Pennybyrn offers varying levels of memory support throughout our healthcare households for residents with all forms of dementia. Those with more advanced dementia or symptoms such as wandering live in our specially designed Memory Support household. Residents with less pronounced symptoms may live in assisted living or other healthcare households.
Discover a More Engaged Life
By providing a safe and familiar setting, we assist residents with memory challenges in leading a happy and more engaged life. Our person-centered care model and smaller community mean our staff members can tailor care to meet the abilities and changing needs of each resident. Our approach includes:
- We learn each resident’s personal story in order to provide activities and engage in conversations that are familiar and meaningful.
- Staff members sit with residents during meal time and help make meals an enjoyable activity.
- We respect resident preferences, even if the resident prefers solitude.
- Staff members are dedicated to creating a calming environment by offering words of reassurance, holding a hand, playing soft music, and providing other soothing interactions.
Recognizing Alzheimer’s and Dementia
You may have noticed a loved one starting to forget dates or misplacing things around the house. Is it a normal sign of aging or is it Alzheimer’s? Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. Staff members at Pennybyrn are specially trained in recognizing the signs of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia and providing appropriate care.
Some of the early warning signs of include:
- Forgetting important dates or events
- Problems following a conversation
- Trouble finding the right words
- Misplacing things and being unable to retrace steps to find them
To learn more about recognizing Alzheimer’s symptoms, refer to the Alzheimer’s Association 10 Early Signs of Alzheimer’s.
Discover how our Memory Support household is specially designed for dementia care, or schedule a tour. All Pennbyrn services, including the Memory Support household, are open to both seniors from the surrounding Greensboro and High Point area and residents of the Pennybyrn retirement community.