Experience a ground-breaking care model that values the choices and dignity of each resident.
At Pennybyrn, we offer skilled nursing care that goes far beyond the services of traditional facilities. In fact, we are the only community in North Carolina with a complete household care model.
What Makes Our Nursing Care Different?
- Caregivers consider their work a mission and choose to make a career at Pennybyrn. This results in personalized, compassionate caregiving and one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry.
- Residents are actively engaged in making care choices. Each resident decides what time they want to get up in the morning, when they prefer to have a bath, and when they want a snack.
- Our activities and care are designed to address social, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Our care philosophy puts your loved one first instead of fitting his or her needs into a preset schedule or list of policies.
- We value relationships between caregivers, patients, and families. Communication is vitally important in all our processes.
When Does My Loved One Need Nursing Care?
- If age or chronic illnesses is affecting strength, mobility, or memory of you or a loved one on a daily basis, it’s time to consider skilled nursing care.
- When someone struggles with two or more activities of daily living — such as bathing, dressing, or transferring from a chair to the bed — skilled nursing care would be beneficial.
- If your loved one has consistent daily medical needs — such as blood pressure monitoring, insulin administration, or medication management — skilled nursing care can help.
Discover the Pennybyrn Difference
Come discover how our unique nursing care model can make a difference for patients and families. Pennybyrn skilled nursing is open to both residents of the Pennybyrn retirement community and residents of the Greensboro – High Point area.