A successful recovery that allows you to return home after a surgery or unexpected health event requires more than just building muscles and endurance through rehabilitation. Nutrition, medical needs, pain management, and emotional health are all part of the healing process. Pennybyrn employs a comprehensive approach to short-term rehabilitation to help patients return home more quickly.
Components of our Transitional Rehabilitation Program Include:
- Meals are prepared under the leadership of a registered dietitian and executive chef, ensuring patients receive the right amount of protein and other nutrients that play a vital role in recovery. Breakfasts are cooked to order, lunch and dinner menus change daily, and snacks are available 24/7.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy times are coordinated to best meet the needs of each patient. For example, some patients may require more rest time between therapy sessions. We monitor progress and response to therapy each day and make adjustments to the therapy plan if needed.
- An experienced physician who serves as the medical director for rehabilitation is available for overall health care needs and coordinates follow-up with the patient’s physician and rehabilitation team.
- The clinical team is available to monitor blood pressure and blood sugar, administer medications and IVs, and assist patients with the management of chronic illnesses and other health needs.
- Each patient has an individually assigned iPad to connect with family and friends and access the internet. Team members also regularly engage with patients and families in order to be attuned to any needs a patient may have.
- A social worker dedicated to Transitional Rehabilitation ensures patients have all the equipment and resources they need to successfully return home.
You can learn more about our comprehensive care model in our blog, Beyond Exercise: The Three R’s of Successful Rehabilitation.
Explore Our Transitional Rehabilitation Household
If you would like to explore transitional rehabilitation services for yourself or a loved one, you can take a photo tour of our transitional rehabilitation facilities or talk to a member of our staff by calling 336-821-6548 or completing this online form.